23blocks Support Services are subject to the following conditions:
- On-site presence is determined by 23blocks. Distance and coverage restrictions may apply.
- Target deliverable responses may vary by locations or geography.
- Local business hours may vary by locations or geography.
- 23blocks support response times vary by client impact classification (severity levels).
- 23blocks requires that all equipment and software installed as part of the same product offering be subject to the 23blocks service and support agreement for that product offering. The previous does not apply in the case of third-party products supplied by 23blocks, but not maintained by 23blocks, for which you must obtain maintenance and support directly from the third-party product provider.
- 23blocks may periodically change support service options to provide service efficiencies. We will make every effort to discuss those with you in advance, and such changes will only apply to new services after the change is announced.
- The 23blocks Warranty Maintenance and Support Terms within your current service plan, as well as other service contracts that you have with 23blocks, will include these terms. If there is any inconsistency between your existing terms and those outlined here, these terms will prevail. Please contact our technical if you wish to discuss.
Incidents reported by the customer during the support contract or warranty process, incident response times and compromise solution according to the following priorities assigned to each incident:
- Response time: time at which the analysis of an incident has begun, that time is not included in the solving period.
- Solving Time: time which a solution for the incident has been reached.
- Once a request is received, we will respond either by phone, by email, or in person within 24 hours.
- Requests are handled during normal working hours, Monday through Friday.
- Telephone support will be the mode of choice for most minor problems and difficulties. The support staff will conduct on-site support at the end user’s workstation where applicable.
- Walk-in support is not provided for users who show up unannounced. Exceptions might be made in emergency situations, but these will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- 23blocks will utilize remote control tools when appropriate to provide quick problem resolution (the user's permission is required for remote control access).
- The requestor will be notified via email when the request is considered complete. If the requestor indicates that problems still exist or that additional assistance is needed in this matter, the 23blocks will continue working on the problem until both parties are satisfied. If new, unrelated problems have occurred, the user should submit a new request.
1. Operating Systems23blocks supports all current versions of Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX operating systems. 23blocks also offers support for Linux/UNIX computers.
2. Commercial SoftwareFaculty and staff should consult their 23blocks technical before installing software on their desktop machines. Since there are a limited number of licenses for software packages, many applications are 'keyed.' If a user consistently cannot use a keyed software package because all licenses are already in use, the 23blocks technical should be contacted. The possibility of purchasing additional licenses will be pursued.
To comply with software licensing regulations, a 23blocks technical will install only legally licensed software, freeware, or shareware.
3. Obsolete SoftwareAs software companies release newer versions of software, the old versions eventually become obsolete for the following reasons:
- The software vendor no longer offers technical support for problems encountered.
- The files or documents created by the software may be in a format no longer recognized by current software, making them un-sharable.
- The original disks from which the software was installed may have been lost and can no longer be replaced.
- The software will no longer run under current computer operating systems.
- 23blocks does not support software that falls into these categories. If a user or department needs assistance with such software, the 23blocks technical will recommend a currently supported software package that will perform the required functions and assist the user in making the transition to the new software.